Friday, June 25, 2010

Sitting in Water

Boon doesn't really like sitting in water much. She is doing it and the shallower the better! I raised the treat value in hopes that her focus would be less on the water and more on the toy. It is a work in progress. Interesting that several months ago water wasn't an issue for Boon. This is a clear reminder that when training a puppy just because they handle things at one stage of development soean't promise that it will never be an issue. Making a list and revisiting things briefly but continually though time is a way of catching little "problems" before they become big ones!

1 comment:

  1. Sheila, I love it!!!! You have just given me the greatest idea.... but I'm not going to tell you what yet. You are so correct about things not being an issue earlier possibly becoming one later. Thanks for the reminder. I have learned that Rooster does not like to get his feet wet in the morning when he has to go out on the cold wet grass. He will actually tip toe or look for places with no grass.... Go figure. Bet it won't be too hard to guess where we will be shaping next. I too have gone back to a wading pool with only a couple of inches of water for shaping. He doesn't generalize from the big pool to the wading pool even though we started in the wading pool last summer. Lots of fun things to do in the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete