Monday, June 7, 2010

Sidewalk ZEN

Hello, my name is Sheila, I am a recovering Lumper. Umm, where is the coffee? : )

This video shows a great example of LUMPING. I OBVIOUSLY should have made the exercise easier so that I could trust Boon to do her job and not feel the need to prevent her from making a mistake by tightening the leash from time to time. If I can't trust her yet, then I should make it easier so she isn't put in the position of needing a correction ( she didn't) or having me fall into poor handling skills because I was unsure. The video is a firm and honest critic. It catches the things that otherwise might go unnoticed. It is true that it is important to trust your dog. It is also important to set them up so they should and can be trusted and not fail. Less is MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment